Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring Yard Work Phase 2: Concrete

Phase 2 consisted of removing all the dirt we had dug out of the back. Jeff Landis graciously helped us load it into a trailer and dump it at his house for free!!! He needed the fill dirt and we didn't want to have to pay to dispose of it. I also didn't want to shovel it all by hand; I spent about two hours one morning with my brother Jared hand shoveling dirt into a dump trailer and it was only fun for about half an hour. I wanted to help out as much as I could, but pregnancy limits what I can do a little bit more.
Jeff removes the dirt in a small fraction of the time:
Dan Arthur of Arthur Masonry lays our concrete and brickwork to match.

The last phase of fencing is still not done (I need to complete the stain) but I'll post what Tim and his dad, Gary, completed.

No comments: