Saturday, June 16, 2012

Easter Sunday 2012

We hosted Easter this year, unlike the previous hosting where we attempted lamb kabobs, saffron rice and blackberry cheesecake, I went a little lowball and served sandwiches and had the other women in the family bring their delicious treats like my mom's tortellini salad and my sister-in-law's spinach/strawberry salad. I can't remember what my mother-in-love brought...sorry Mom :) My girls napped after a nice stroller ride (we skipped church!-sssshhhh! we recently left our church of the last 4.5 years). Holiday services at church rank about as engaging as nascar for me, so I asked if we could enjoy a stressless walk before hosting all the family over.
Between me, my sister, my mil, and Tim's aunt, I think we had about 200 eggs for 6 kids 6 and under. Some that I tossed into the Lantana are now a permanent fixture.

Madeleine went first as she is the youngest, Grace was still napping:

Easter Eggs...YES!  

 After little G woke up, we attempted a photo. This is the best one:

An Easter Egg from Nani (with a Hello Kitty swimsuit inside!):

Gooey finally warms up to the party:

Cousin-time:




And after that fun little exercise, Unky Lex and Miss Leigh showed up just in time to sing us Baby Beluga and the Chicken song:

Gracen really liked Miss Leigh:

Gracie also delighted her great grammy with a little hide and seek!

What a wonderful way to celebrate the Risen Lord-family, food, song and candy!
"Oh taste and see, that the LORD is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him" Psalm 34:8
Love, Lauren

No comments: