Saturday, January 14, 2012

Holidays 2011: Happy Birthday Lauren

I turned 31 the day after Thanksgiving this year. It was definitely low-key for us and still fun because I was with the people I adore. The previous Monday I had rallied the girls and taken them to my friend Sarah Seto's house for a Thanksgiving play date. Right after I left, I could barely make it home because I was feeling sick. I called my mom over and once I was home, went right to bed. I was freezing, freezing, freezing. I was thinking I might be pregnant, so I didn't take any medication and broke my fever in about 6 hours. Tim had taken an overtime that day and his relief at the station was late, so he came home around 6:30 to relieve my mom. Then, he got sick the next few days. Unfortunately, his was a different bug causing vomiting. Thank the Lord our kids were spared, but this was the first time I have been sick with kids and it is not fun at all. I  just wanted to crawl in bed and sleep forever, but that is not even possible with little ones. Anyways, we were all still recovering on Thanksgiving and the next day...my birthday. Tim gave me a new point and click camera and a lovely candle. My parents gifted me a new ipod, but because of the awesome Apple replacement program, I got a new one from Apple for free (in return for my 1st gen. nano) and returned my parents. I was able to go out to lunch with my two grandmothers, my mom and my brother's girlfriend Leigh which was delightful and more than a gift to me. All in all, a wonderful few days celebrating birth- and who doesn't want to celebrate birth? It's wonderful!

One of the first pics on my birthday-trying the camera out: 

The day after my birthday, Tim took Madeleine to the park so I could nap when G went down for her nap. He took my new camera and captured some sweet pics of our little 2.5 year old. She is growing up so fast, I am loving this age:
"leaf-head"



 I love this little lady:

Love, Lauren


No comments: