Friday, January 20, 2012

The Name Game


Taking a break from our holidays...I wanted to solicit some thoughts on naming of items. In high school, I learned that some people name their cars. I always thought this was odd since my family never named anything mechanical and so I didn't really think about it. But since being married to Tim, whimsy and fun seems the norm and so I named his little house the Bergon Bungalow. When we bought our Chevy, I started calling it "Chuck" the truck to distinguish it from Tim's little pick-up (which is unnamed). So, I'm hoping to find a suitable name for our rental and was wondering if your home has a name, how it came to have a name and suggestions on finding a name--all for fun. If you've never considered naming your home, don't worry...it's definitely a UK thing to do.
Love, Lauren

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names"-Chinese proverb

1 comment:

Rose Starr said...

So fun. I love names and naming things.

Our new rental has been named "Our New Castle" and I love it! No name for our current home...

I don't have any fun ideas for your new home but I bet you guys will come up with something good!

Praying your move goes well!!!
~Rose