Thursday, June 10, 2010

30 Before 30: #2 Get A Haircut

I decided it was time for another hair chop while looking through photos. I realized that for the last 15 years, my hair "style" has been fairly predictable. I would take my long hair, gather it in a low pony in the back, twist it up and wind it up to the back of my head, and secure with two small clips (or one big clip). I have cut my hair in the past, and there seems to be a pattern for my behavior. #1: 1990- I wanted a perm in the 5th grade, so we chopped my straight, long hair and permed it. #2: 1997- I was a 16 year old senior when I decided to chop my hair, by this time puberty had hit and my hair was naturally curly- no perm needed. #3: 2003- I was asked to cut my hair by my then-husband who gave me an asymmetrical bob. I cried the whole first day, but then learned to work with it. #4: 2010- I was tired of feeling like my ravaged hair just hung about my face. It was scraggly and unkempt. I decided to stop believing that only skinny people can have short hair and cut it off again. Do you see a pattern in my cutting behavior? =)
One last pic before I chop it off. I wondered if I might cry again, but felt pretty confident I wanted it to be cut:

I still look wild and unkempt most of the time, but I think that just reflects a little about me anyways. I was very pleased with my cut, and Tim loved it too.
Now all I have to do is wash and scrunch, or roll out of bed and tossel my hair. It is so easy, fun and I love it. I guess we have another 7 years until the next one huh? (haircut, not baby)
Only 28 to go!
Love, Lauren

No comments: